UPharma Consulting launches its updated series of pharmaceutical country reports covering all Eastern European, Central Asian, South Caucasian, CIS, and other countries. The current Report—Ukraine Pharmaceutical Country Report 2020 FY ("Report")—is focused on Ukraine. This publication depicts the latest 2019-2020 FY business trends of Ukraine's pharmaceutical market and uncovers the market access pathway for pharmaceutical products: from marketing authorization to essential medicines and national formulary listings. It provides a forecast of total pharmaceutical market sales for the next three years (2021-2023), considering all the COVID-19-concerned crisis implications.
Ukraine Pharmaceutical Country Report 2020 FY provides the most recent insight into its socio-political development, including the anticipations regarding the country's economic prospects in 2021-2023. It overviews Ukraine's healthcare system, portrays its epidemiology (including COVID-19 statistics) and demographics.
The Report is expanded greatly towards covering one of the most important areas for every company planning to bring its products into our region—Market Access landscape. The current Report includes such sections as (I) marketing authorization regulation and procedure, (ii) pricing & reimbursement landscape, (iii) national formulary regulation, (iv) national essential medicines list (NEML) regulation, (v) health technology assessment ecosystem in Ukraine and much more.
The Report is intended for industry executives, decision-makers, sales & marketing, market access managers, and other stakeholders analyzing, planning to enter, or investing in the Ukrainian pharma and/or healthcare market.
The Report covers the 2013-2020 full-year data for the pharmaceutical market and provides a forecast for the period of 2021-2023.
TECHNICAL DETAILS & HOW TO BUY
||"Ukraine Pharmaceutical Country Report 2020 FY."
|Historical data, period:
|Main file format (deliverable):
|Additional files (supplementary deliverables):
|Contents + Supply Chain Scheme:
|Price for the "Pharma Market Trends" only:
||Purchase (EUR 650)
|Price for the "Market Access Pathway" only:
||Purchase (EUR 650)
|Price for the Full Report (Pharma Market + Market Access) (-30%):
||Purchase (EUR 910)
|Purchase by Invoice:
1. Country Summary.
The section is dedicated to the country's introduction, describing its historical context, current economic outlook, trends in the Ukrainian economy, and its outlook up to 2023.
2. Pharmaceutical Market Trends.
The section is fully dedicated to the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market and trends of its development up to the 2021-2023 period, including the following sub-segments
- Supply Chain Stakeholders—A summary of all major market stakeholders: foreign manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors, local manufacturers, hospitals & treatment settings, pharmacies and pharmacy chains
- Supply Chain Scheme—How are stakeholders organized into the business ecosystem in the country? What are the core flows (Sales & Marketing, Supply & Logistics/ Products Flows, Supply & Logistics/ Products Flows, Informal/ OOP payments, etc.)
- Retail and Hospital Segments—Total sales by each segment in values and volumes, market shares, sales by retail segment categories, etc.
- Retail Segment—A complete depiction of the retail sales channel by dividing it into categories of goods, sales by months during the 2019-1HY 2020 period in values and volumes, showing off the pharmacy infrastructure and types of pharmacies, shares of medicines, medical devices, food supplements, and cosmetics in the total pharmacy channel sales in values and volumes.
- Local Production—The dynamics of the total value of pharmaceutical goods produced in Ukraine in the 2013-2020 FY (e) period.
- Foreign Trade—Total Value of Exported Pharmaceutical Products from Ukraine and Total Value of Imported Pharmaceutical Products into the Territory of Ukraine in the 2013-2020 FY (e) period.
- Hospital Channel—The section uncovers the situation concerning sales of pharmaceuticals through the hospital channel. It shows the general sales dynamics within the channel in volumes and values in the 2013-1HY 2020 period, the total value of pharmaceuticals reimbursed through the "Affordable Medicines" state reimbursement program, top-10 recipients of reimbursed funds under the "Affordable Medicines" program (for example, the top-3 of these are Kusum Pharm, Farmak, and Kyiv Vitamin Factory), etc.
- Total Market Forecast—We have developed a total market forecast (hospital plus retail channels) to up to 2021-2023 years in values and volumes. The forecast is supplemented by positively and negatively affecting factors to the forecast provided.
- Top-15 Pharmaceutical Companies—The biggest 15 companies by sales in values as of 1HY 2020 compared to 2019. Their shares, previous period growth, and the latest companies' news.
- Top-10 Brands in the Market—Top-10 biggest-selling brands in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market in values.
- Regulatory Environment—General provisions of the regulation of the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market.
3. Market Access Pathway
- Regulatory Environment—The section outlines core elements regulating the access of new pharmaceuticals to the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market: Marketing Authorization, Pricing Regulation, National Formulary System in the country, National Essential Medicines List, Pricing & Reimbursement. Each of these areas is covered further in more detail within this Report.
- Regulatory Changes—What were the main changes in the regulatory environment concerning the Market Access area in Ukraine in the 1HY 2020?
- Key Stakeholders—Who are key stakeholders for all pharmaceutical companies when bringing their products into the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market? What are their functions?
- Marketing Authorization—There are, at least, four procedures a new product may be brought into the market with. The section shows these four schemes visually and describes details of procedures.
- Pricing Regulation—What are the implemented public policies to control pharmaceutical spending in Ukraine? The section also shows the implemented pricing mark-ups per each supply chain element of the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market.
- Formulary System—Structure, elements, processes, and stakeholders of the national formulary system in Ukraine, including the list of major legislative documents regulating the sphere.
- Essential Medicines List—Inclusion process and criteria, regulatory ecosystem, levels and stakeholders, timing, requirements.
- Reimbursement—What reimbursement system is implemented in Ukraine? Description of the "Affordable Medicines" program, patients' flow within it, and stakeholders.
- Public Procurement—Description of the public procurement system in Ukraine with the focus on the state procurement of pharmaceuticals in Ukraine (process, stakeholders, regulation).
- Health Technology Assessment—Outlining the HTA ecosystem in Ukraine: stakeholders, processes, regulation, development plans.
4. Healthcare Infrastructure & Epidemiology
- Healthcare Budget
- Healthcare Workforce
- Epidemiology, Demography, Morbidity, and Mortality
- COVID-19 Implications.
List of Figures
- Real GDP and GDP growth rate of UKR (2013-2019; 2020-2023(f*))
- UAH Exchange Rate (2013-2023(f**))
- Pharmaceutical Market Supply Chain Scheme in Ukraine
- Shares of Retail and Hospital Segments (All Categories), VALUES and VOLUMES (2013-2020e)
- Total Market by Retail & Hospitals Channels. Sales Dynamics. VALUES (2013-2020e)
- Total Market by Retail & Hospitals Channels. Sales Dynamics. VOLUMES (2013-2020e)
- Weighted Average Cost of a Pack per Segment (USD, 2013-2023f)
- Retail Sales Dynamics. All Categories. VALUES (1H 2013-1H/2020)
- Retail Sales Dynamics. All Categories. VOLUMES (1H 2013-1H/2020)
- Number of Pharma PoS in Ukraine (2015-2020, bop)
- Shares of Main Categories of the Pharmacy Assortment (1H/2020)
- Shares of Rx & OTC Products in the Retail Segment. VALUES & VOLUMES (2013-1H/2020)
- Retail Sales of Medical Devices, Food Supplements, Cosmetics. VALUES & VOLUMES (2013-2020e)
- Shares of Foreign and Local MNFs. VALUES & VOLUMES (2013-2019; 1H/2020)
- Total Value of Local Production of Pharmaceutical Products. VALUES (2013-2023f)
- Total Value of Exported Pharmaceutical Products from Ukraine
- Total Value of Imported Pharmaceutical Products into the Territory of Ukraine
- Key Directions of the “Affordable Medicines” Program
- Hospital Sales Dynamics. VALUES (2013-2020e)
- Hospital Sales Dynamics. VOLUMES (2013-2020e)
- Drugs Reimbursed under the “Affordable Medicines” Program. VALUES (2017-2020e)
- Total Market Sales Forecast, VALUES (2020-2023)
- Total Market Sales Forecast, VOLUMES (2020-2023)
- National Marketing Authorization Procedure
- National Marketing Authorization Simplified Procedure for Medicines Regardless the Country of Origin
- National Marketing Authorization Simplified Procedure for Medicines Originated from Listed Counties
- Implemented Public Policies to Control Pharmaceutical Spending in Ukraine
- A Scheme of Price Regulation for Products Listed in the EDL
- National Formulary System in Ukraine Structure Scheme
- National Formulary Inclusion Process in Ukraine Scheme
- Essential Medicines List Inclusion Process in Ukraine Scheme
- Affordable Medicines Program Operation Scheme
- Public Purchases in Scheme
- SEC HTA Department Structure
- HTA System Development Plans
- HTA Stakeholders in Ukraine
- Annual Healthcare Budget of Ukraine in % to GDP (2013-2021p)
- Spending on Pharmaceutical Products by Channels, VALUES (7M 2020)
- Number of newly emerged COVID-19 cases in Ukraine, weekly (Mar 03-Oct 11)
Role of HTA in Public Decision-Making in Ukraine
Marketing Authorization Recognition Procedure
List of Tables
- Key country indicators
- Main macroeconomic indicators (2013-2019, 2020(e)-2023(f))
- Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market by Segments, USD mln
- Retail Segment Sales by Categories, USD mln
- TOP-10 Recipients of Reimbursed Funds Under the “Affordable Medicines” Program
- Top-15 Companies on the Market (Retail segment)
- Top-10 Products on the Market in 1H 2018-1H/2020, by sales in values (Retail segment)
- Total State Budget and Budget on the Healthcare in Ukraine (2013-2021p)
- Healthcare Infrastructure of Ukraine by jurisdiction (2012-2019)
- Number of Hospitals under the MOH by types (2019)
- Number of physicians by main specializations in Ukraine (under the MOH), persons (2017-2019, eop)
- Key Demographic Indicators, 2012-2019
- Incidence rates of certain infectious diseases (2014-2019)
- HIV-positive and AIDS patients in Ukraine (2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, 2017-2019)
- Population Incidence of Malignant Neoplasms by Individual Localizations in 2019
- Main Causes of Death in 2017-2019