Ukraine Pharmaceutical Country Report 2021
UPharma Consulting has developed a new report dedicated to the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine—"Ukraine Pharmaceutical Country Report 2021". The publication is devoted to the current status and latest developments in the pharmaceutical market trends, sales perspectives, market access process, current regulatory environment, healthcare system and expenditures, epidemiology, and country's demography. With the total sales dynamics and public health system reform, complicated by the economic crisis and geopolitical shifts, it becomes more complex and challenging to succeed. But at the same time, offering emerging opportunities for innovative treatment technologies, established and emerging brands in retail, hospital, and reimbursement channels. The Report is available for purchase either through the site or by requesting an invoice by the link.
We are thrilled to announce the release of our latest Report—"Ukraine Pharmaceutical Country Report 2021." The Report is the next step in our series of regular industry-focused publications. It is a business-style professional publication that describes and depicts the country, its pharmaceutical market infrastructure and trends, retail and hospital sales, healthcare system, epidemiology, and demographics—is available now. The report explores the current dynamics in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market, its local pharma manufacturing industry, includes an overview of recent trends and sales numbers, a review of regulatory documents and detailed schemes of all market access process existing in the country.
This is a tailored Report to help firms, organizations, stakeholders, experts make the best decisions as per tactics & strategy, with insights from our regional qualitative and quantitative research. The Report covers market trends and discusses regulatory environments that are affecting the market, and includes a review of market access processes, healthcare spending trends, etc.
The structure, navigation, and content of the Report are designed in such a way as to convey to users the most important in the most convenient format with convenient navigation and a list of graphs, tables, figure schemes.
Contents & Structure
The Report consists of four main sections:
- Country Summary
- Pharmaceutical Market Trends
- Market Access Roadmap
- Healthcare & Epidemiology
1. Country Summary
The country introductory section for 4-5 pages describing actual macroeconomic indicators and current trends in the social-economic development of Ukraine for the period of the Report.
2. Pharmaceutical Market Trends
One of the core sections of the Report is dedicated to the description of the current state of the Kazakhstan pharmaceutical market, its stakeholders, ongoing trends, dynamics, and sales patterns for the period of 2013-2021. The forecast of the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market is shown for the 2022-2024 period. The section is given in tables, figures, summaries, and schemes.
- Supply chain stakeholders
- Supply chain scheme and flows
- Pharmaceutical market dynamics by channels
- Retail channel sales dynamics in 2013-2021
- Hospital channel sales dynamics in 2013-2021
- Outpatient reimbursement channel sales dynamics in 2013-2021
- Average prices by segments
- Retail and hospital channels sales in 2013-2021
- Pharmaceutical retail infrastructure
- Export and import of pharmaceuticals in Ukraine
- Locally produced pharmaceutical products
- Forecast of the pharmaceutical market sales in Ukraine for 2022-2024
- Top-15 pharmaceutical companies in Ukraine
- Top-15 pharmaceutical products in Ukraine
- Marketing regulation environment
3. Market Access Roadmap
The second core section of the Report was developed to visualize the picture of all processes required for companies to bring their products to the country: from marketing authorization and pricing regulation to public purchases and national formulary ecosystems. The section "Pharmaceutical Market Access Roadmap" in Ukraine has the following sub-sections:
- General regulatory environment.
- Latest changes in all processes concerning market access in Ukraine.
- Marketing authorization: Ukraine offers four options of marketing authorization for pharmaceutical products.
- Early Access scheme in Ukraine.
- Pricing regulation: formation and listing, mark-ups and their regulation.
- Scheme of pricing mechanisms for pharmaceuticals in Ukr
- Managed Entry Agreements in Ukraine.
- Public procurement of medicines in Ukraine.
- Essential Medicines List.
- Pricing & Reimbursement of drugs in Ukraine.
- Public procurement process.
- HTA ecosystem in Ukraine.
- Stakeholders of the market access process.
4. Healthcare System & Epidemiology
The fourth important section is dedicated to understanding the existing healthcare system, its infrastructure, workforce trends in Ukraine, together with the country's epidemiology situation, demographic trends, and state expenditures on healthcare:
- Healthcare system spending in 2014-2021.
- Spending on healthcare by source in 2014-2021—Consolidate, Central, and Local.
- Population and other key demographic indicators.
- Healthcare infrastructure by regions for the period of 2016-2021.
- Population morbidity in Ukraine in 2016-2020.
- Main causes of death in Ukraine by ICD-10.
- COVID-19 implications on country's economy healthcare systems, pharmaceutical market, and civil sector.
The report is delivered in the following format:
- language: ENG
- files: .pdf, .pptx (editable), .xlsx (all data and graphs)
- number of pages: 62
- number of tables: 24
- number of schemes and figures: 55
- size: A4 (album orientation)
List of Tables used in the Report:
The report is delivered in the following format:
- 1. Socio-Economic Indicators in Ukraine: 1994 vs. 2021
- 2. Main Macroeconomic Indicators of Ukraine in 2013-2021
- 3. Ukraine in International Ratings 2013-2021
- 4. Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market by Channels in 2013-2021(e), USD (mln)
- 5. TOP-10 Pharmacy Chains in Ukraine by the number of POS
- 6. Top-15 Companies in the Retail Channel of the Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market, Values (9M 2018 – 9M 2021)
- 7. Top-10 Products in the Total (Retail + Hospital) Pharmaceutical Market of Ukraine, Values (9M 2019 – 9M 2021)
- 8. Shares of Locally Manufactured and Imported Products in Ukraine in 2013-2021(e) in Values
- 9. PESTL-Impact Analysis of the Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market as of 2021
- 10. SWOT Analysis of the Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market
- 11. COVID-19 Implications for the UKR Economy, Healthcare, Pharma, and Civic Sectors
- 12. Key Changes on the Road-to-Market Pathway in Ukraine in 2021
- 13. Authorities Responsible for Certain Policies and State Agencies Involved in the Market Access of Pharmaceuticals in Ukraine
- 14. Authorities and State Agencies Involved in the Market Access of Pharmaceuticals in Ukraine
- 15. Total State Budget and Budget on the Healthcare in Ukraine in 2013-2021 (e)
- 16. Healthcare Infrastructure of Ukraine by jurisdiction (2012-2020)
- 17. Number of Hospitals under the MOH by types (2021)
- 18. Number of physicians by main specializations in Ukraine (MOH system), persons (2017-2020)
- 19. Incidence and Prevalence by Disease Groups in 2018-2020
- 20. Main Causes of Death in 2017-2020
- 21. Population Incidence of Malignant Neoplasms by Individual Localizations in 2019-2020
- 22. Key Demographic Indicators, 2012-2020
- 23. Incidence rates of certain infectious diseases (2014-2020)
- 24. HIV-positive and AIDS patients in Ukraine (2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, 2017-2020)
List of Figures and Schemes used in the Report:
- 1. Real GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Ukraine
- 2. Currency Exchange Rates of the Ukrainian Hryvnya (UAH) vs USD and EUR in 2013-2024 (f)
- 3. Schematic Visualization of the Supply Chain Scheme on the Pharmaceutical Market in Ukraine
- 4. Shares of Channels of the Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market in 2013-2021(e)
- 5. Shares of Sources of Spending on Drugs in Ukraine in 2021(e)
- 6. Weighted Average Cost of a Pack per Sales Channel
- 7. Total Sales in the Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market by Channels in Values in 2013-2021(e)
- 8. Total Sales in the Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Market by Channels in Volumes in 2013-2021(e)
- 9. Retail Channel Sales Dynamics in Values in 2013-2021(e)
- 10. Retail Channel Sales Dynamics in Volumes in 2013-2021(e)
- 11. Monthly Retail Channel Sales Dynamics in Values in 2019-2021(e)
- 12. Monthly Retail Channel Sales Dynamics in Volumes in 2020-2021(e)
- 13. % of Categories of Goods Sold Through the Retail Channel in 2013-2021(e)
- 14. % of Categories of Goods Sold Through the Retail Channel in 2013-2021(e)
- 15. Weighted Average Cost of a Pack by Categories of Goods Sold Through the Retail Channel
- 16. Retail Sales of Medical Devices, Food Supplements, Cosmetics in Values in 2013-2021(e)
- 17. Retail Sales of Medical Devices, Food Supplements, Cosmetics in Volumes in 2013-2021(e)
- 18. Retail Sales Turnover per POS in 2014-2021(e)
- 19. Dynamics of the Total Number of POS in Ukraine in 2014-2021(e)
- 20. Number of Pharmacies (POS) by Regions of Ukraine
- 21. Hospital Channel Sales Dynamics in Values in 2013-2021(e)
- 22. Hospital Channel Sales Dynamics in Volumes in 2013-2021(e)
- 23. Outpatient Reimbursement Value Dynamics in 2013-2021(e)
- 24. Outpatient Reimbursement Value Dynamics in 2013-2021(e)
- 25. Shares of Rx and OTC Products in Ukraine in 2013-2021(e) in Values
- 26. Shares of Rx and OTC Products in Ukraine in 2013-2021(e) in Volumes
- 27. Shares of Locally Manufactured and Imported Products in Ukraine in 2013-2021(e) in Values
- 28. Shares of Locally Manufactured and Imported Products in Ukraine in 2013-2021(e) in Volumes
- 29. Value of Locally Manufactured Products in Ukraine in 2013-2024(e)
- 30. Total Value of Exported Pharmaceutical Products from Ukraine in 2013-2021(e)
- 31. Total Value of Imported Pharmaceutical Products to Ukraine in 2013-2021(e)
- 32. Balance of Foreign Trade of Pharmaceutical Products in Ukraine in 2013-2021(e)
- 33. Total Pharma Market Sales Forecast, VALUES (Retail + Hospital + Outpatient Reimbursement) for 2021-2024
- 34. Total Pharma Market Sales Forecast, VOLUMES (Retail + Hospital + Outpatient Reimbursement) for 2021-2024
- 35. National Marketing Authorization Procedure
- 36. Marketing Authorization Recognition Procedure
- 37. National Marketing Authorization Simplified Procedure for Medicines Regardless the Country of Origin
- 38. National Marketing Authorization Simplified Procedure for Medicines Originated from Listed Counties
- 39. Implemented Public Policies to Control Pharmaceutical Spending in Ukraine
- 40. A Scheme of Price Regulation for Products Listed in the NEML
- 41. Structure of the National Formulary System in Ukraine
- 42. National Formulary Inclusion Process in Ukraine Scheme
- 43. Schematic Process of Enlisting Products into the NEML
- 44. The Detailed Process of the Essential Medicines List Inclusion (NEML) Process in Ukraine
- 45. Affordable Medicines Program Operation Scheme
- 46. Affordable Medicines Reimbursement Program Inclusion Process in Ukraine Scheme
- 47. Public Purchases Scheme
- 48. Public Purchases Under the Managed Entry Agreements Mechanism in Ukraine
- 49. SEC HTA Department Structure
- 50. Types of HTA procedures in Ukraine
- 51. HTA Stakeholders in Ukraine
- 52. Role of HTA in Public Decision-Making in Ukraine
- 53. Expenditure on Healthcare by Central and Local Budgets, 2014-2022(e)
- 54. State Expenditures by Functions (consolidated budget), 2014-2021(e)
- 55. Annual Healthcare Budget of Ukraine in % to GDP (2013-2021p)
The report is delivered in the following format:Purchase report